Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Activities

We had a GREAT St. Patrick's Day!

I started out the evening with a surprise for the kids. Play dough! We had never made it from scratch before. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. The kids had a blast picking out their dough color and even more fun making it into shapes.

Gus' dough was green. Those of you that know him will not be surprised. Those of you that are getting to know him will quickly learn he always chooses green. Notice his shirts in all future post!


After playing with the cookie cutters, Remington started cutting her dough into pieces. When I asked her what she was doing, she told me they were learning about sharing equal parts in math. She cut all of the dough and then equally divided it.
She had a great time playing
with it.

For dinner, I fixed the kids, green eggs and ham. Remington wanted green ham too. She said they had it at school. I tried to make the ham green, but failed. I guess my cooking skills still have room for improvement! Sorry Rem.!


They both seemed to enjoy dinner! Maybe next time we will have Blue eggs!


I know I was suppose to fix Monte Cristo Sandwiches tonight, but the final surprise was for me! Jon had to go to the Mountains today. He called me just as I was gathering the ingredients for the Monte Cristo sandwiches and said he stopped by the Ham House and picked up a Valle Bleu sandwich for us. Yeah! I LOVE that place.
It is located in Boone. If you are ever in Boone, you have to go there.
So the Monte Cristo ingredients were put back into the fridge. We will have it another night. I promise to let you all know how it turns out.
Here is a picture of the yummy Valle Bleu sandwich. Thanks Jon!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! The green eggs make my stomach want to turn a little, even if I know they are OK - they still look a little crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had a fun time! How much fun for the kids to make homemade "Playdoh"! I love that Gus has a favorite color, too. Makes shopping for him easy I bet. (-:

    And Miss Remington dividing everything into equal parts --I'm impressed! What a great way for her to learn!

    That sandwich looks really yummy! Hey...someone bringing you home something for dinner beats cooking--- ANY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like ya'll had a really fun St Patricks Day :) You are so creative to think of making your own dough and fixing green eggs and ham for dinner. LOVE that idea haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! Green eggs and ham ~~ what a GREAT idea. And homemade play-doh is so fun and economical. Your kiddos are sooooo cute!! I heart green too.

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Stuff...the food and playdough!

    ReplyDelete