Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Loving the food!

I can't believe it, but I have developed a love for cooking. I have always enjoyed eating, but I did not grow up in the kitchen, (more like in the restaurants.)

I guess after spending the past 18 years eating with the Linker's, I have finally learned to enjoy the preparation part of cooking. It is no secret that the Linker's love to cook. They are some of the best cooks I know. They can make anything taste good. The only problem is, they don't always make the most healthy meals. Their favorite ingredient is butter! I told Mr. Thad, (FIL) I was going to sue him for being the cause of my weight gain!

I used to be really nervous preparing a recipe. I thought it had to be perfect. I would follow the recipe exactly, and would make sure there were no smudge marks on the dish. Crazy, I know! Well, I have since relaxed. I have learned to eye the measurements, and add or take away ingredients we like.

Lately, I have been in the mood to try new recipes. I found 7 new ones that I wanted to try. Last night, we had Taco Skillet Supper. It was easy to prepare, and tasted great. The kids even liked it, but it was a little to spicy for Remington's taste. Here is a picture of the yummy dish. (Please ignore my messy stove top. I should have used a larger skillet.)


The meal is really good with nacho chips. I will definitely make it again. Tonight's dinner is Monte Cristo Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Syrup. I'll let you know how it turns out!

4 comments:

  1. mmm.. favorite ingredient is butter... mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The french toast sounds yummy! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have relaxed and learned to love cooking! The Taco Skillet sounds yummy, but I am really interested to hear how the Monte Cristo French Toast turns out! I love Monte Cristo sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Taco Skillet looks good! I will probably need the recipe - you should post it! Looking forward to hearing about the next recipe.

    ReplyDelete