Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Jon called yesterday with a GREAT idea. He wanted to take the kids fishing. With the time change and warm weather, I couldn't think of a better way to spend the evening. We called in a pizza, grabbed the fishing poles and headed to the Quarry.

Gus was very excited when I caught a fish on his fishing pole. He was happy to hold the pole, but did not want to go near the fish.


Guess who got hooked, and with my own pole! Jon got his line stuck in a tree, but did not want me to show the evidence!
Gus quickly tired of fishing, but had a great time shoveling dirt.


After lots of nibbles, Remington finally caught a fish. She even touched it!


We had a great time eating, fishing, (in that order) and hanging out together. It was the perfect early spring evening. I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello and welcome to blog world.

    I am not a fisherwoman. Its not that I don't like it because I love being by the water, I just decide when I fish gets on my pole that I must through pole and all in the water after it. Yes I know...pitiful =)

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome the the Blogger World :)

    From working with Stacy, she and Emilie got me hooked on blogging too and now I can't stop!

    It looks like ya'll had a fun time fishing, and getting caught up in the fishing line! Thats about all I catch when I have tried in the past was just weeds ha!

    -Have a great weekend
    Laura

    ReplyDelete