Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bunny Racers


I made these adorable Bunny Racers for Gus' preschool class. I got the idea from Stacy, who had seen them in "Family Fun" magazine. This is my second year making them. They go together quickly, and everyone raves over them. I think they make a great Easter craft.






Easter Bunny Racers

# 24 Little Debbie Swiss Rolls
# 1(16ounce)container vanilla frosting or chocolate frosting
# 24 marshmallow peeps(Rabbit peeps)
# 1(4 1/2ounce)package peach ring gummy candies(cut in half)
# 24 Lifesavers candies (gummy)
# 48 M&Ms plain chocolate candies
# 96 spree candies

Unwrap Swiss cake rolls and put on flat surface to work on. Place contents of frosting container in quart-sized ziploc bag; press all air out, seal and snip corner off end. Cut a shallow V shape in bottom of Peeps so they sit flat on cake rolls. Add small amount of frosting to bottom of Peeps and stick on almost to the back of cake rolls. Take halved peach gummy slices and add small dabs of frosting to cut end and stick down behind Peep as the "back of the seat". Next, add small dab of frosting to Lifesavers and stick down in front of Peep on a slight angle for steering wheel. Take 2 matching M&M's and adhere to front of cake roll as the headlights. Take 4 matching Spree candies (or equivalent) and use frosting to adhere them two to each long side of cake roll as the tires. Repeat with all cake rolls.

7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH... those are so adorable!!! I need to make them for my Sunday School class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I love them!

    I bet Gus' class loved them, too! I wouldn't even want to eat them - they're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again - GREAT bunny racers! I am sure Gus' class loved them! Did all of the children in his class get to enjoy them?? ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so great! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute~~ I'm always looking for a cute and easy thing like this.

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I can't find you on facebook...find me...dottie young liptrap

    ReplyDelete

  7. I ought to admit that your blog is truly interesting. I have spent a lot of my free time reading your content. Thank you a lot!

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete